Upcoming dates for SMART Living
Healthcare professionals and partner agencies in Wokingham please read…
What is SMART Living?
SMART Living is a free 6 week course for adults who are unemployed or under employed who may also have physical or mental health and well-being issues. The course is designed to help people to better manage their own health, decrease social isolation and build skills for education, volunteering and employment.
Who can attend?
The course is open to anyone who is 19 years of age (as of 31st Aug 2017) or older and lives in Wokingham. Candidates must have been a resident of the EU for at least 3 years, or have refugee or asylum seeker status.
What is covered?
Over 6 weeks, participants will:
- Learn to understand and better manage their health and well-being
- Set personal aims and goals relating to health and well-being
- Build and maintain motivation
- Develop their interpersonal skills
- Improve their assertiveness and making decision skills
- Gain skills and explore pathways into volunteering, education and employment
What is the aim of SMART Living?
The training will support improvement of physical, mental health and well-being. The focus will be on helping people to reduce social isolation and to achieve personal health goals.
The intended outcomes of the course are to:
- Increase individuals sense of social connection
- Increase engagement in social and community activities
- Increase confidence
- Increase self-awareness
When is the next course?
For referrals and to find out more
To request a referral form and to find out more please complete the enquiry form.