Do a self assessment
It’s not always easy to see if you need help for your drug use. This self assessment is to help you decide if you need some support.
- Have friends or family ever worried or complained about your drug or alcohol use?
- Do you ever use drugs or alcohol first thing in the morning or to get you through the day?
- Are you concerned about your drug or alcohol use?
- Do you ever use drugs or alcohol to overcome the effects of other drugs or alcohol taken earlier?
- Have you or someone else been injured as a result of your drug or alcohol use?
- Have you ever felt regret after taking drugs or alcohol?
- Do you conceal your use from family or friends, or edit stories involving your drinking or using?
- Does your drug or alcohol use impact negatively on other parts of your life e.g. work, friendships, finances, health?
- Have you ever run out of money for things you need (e.g. food, bills, going out) because you’ve spent your money on alcohol or drugs?
- Would you like to change the way you use drugs or alcohol?
If you answered yes to any of these questions it might be helpful to get some assistance.
SMART staff have lots of experience supporting people at any stage. We won’t judge you, just support you, whatever stage you’re at. Get in touch today.