What we do » Howard House Project
The team at Howard House
Who can we help?
We provide residential detoxification for adults who are seeking abstinence from drugs and alcohol.
What do we do?
When you stay with us, we provide you with:
- Monitored detoxification.
- Daily support from workers.
- Daily group sessions with other residents.
- Regular one-to-one sessions with your key worker.
- Sessions with our Moving-on Worker to arrange an exit plan for when you leave.
- Regular medical checks by a nurse.
- Weekly GP clinics.
- Weekly NA/AA meetings.
- Medication administered on-site.
- Activities such as acupuncture, art, cooking, gardening, massage and yoga.
You can also get access to:
- Additional support from a mentor.
- Benefits and financial advice.
- Activities such as walking, swimming and the gym.
Facilities at Howard House include:
- 24 hour staff cover
- 10 individual bedrooms
- Designated male and female bathrooms
- TV lounge and recreational areas
- Garden room for activities and groups
- Kitchen and laundry facilitiesMeals prepared by residents
How long will I stay?
Most people stay for 12 weeks. Some shorter stays are available, but this will be agreed at your assessment.
What will happen when I arrive?
- You can bring a friend or family member with you when you arrive.
- You will be met by a worker who will:
- Give you a tour of the building.
- Explain how things work.
- Show you to your room.
- Introduce you to the other residents.
- You will be buddied with another resident who will help you through your first few days.
- After a few days, a friend or family can visit once to drop off anything you have forgotten.
Do I have to pay for my stay?
If you are eligible to claim benefits, including housing benefit, this will cover all of your expenses. All your benefits will be transferred to a SMART bank account for the duration of your stay. The money we use from your benefits helps to cover the cost of your stay including: Utility bills (Electricity, heating etc), Food, Laundry costs
Why should I choose Howard House?
Find out more by reading our Howard House flyer.
How do I get referred to Howard House?
One of the Oxfordshire drug and alcohol services can refer you, either Lifeline Recovery Service (01865 403247) or the Harm Minimisation Service (01865 455601). If you are not engaged with either service, you can contact the Harm minimisation service who will be able to help you further and help you decide if Howard House is the right place for you.
If you would like to find out more about the service we offer, please feel free to call us on 01865 200955 and we will be happy to help.
Contact Howard House
Read the Care Quality Commission report on Howard House services